We all know that planted aquarium is a very good choice for Discus keeping, for several reasons, but why considering Hygrophila Pinnatifida particular? let me tell you why:
- Hygrophila pinnatifida has uniquely shaped leaves that have a dark brown upper with a deep burgundy under color. Dependent on iron for its coloration.
- If grown in too low of light the plant will become very leggy and will lose most of its appeal.
- In moderate lighting, plants will remain compact and will produce many side shoots that will easily attach to decor and spread laterally. Makes the perfect focal point with a simple, plain background.
Check Hygrophila Plant specification in the description below.
- Placement: Midground Max.
- Size: 6-16 inches.
- Planting: Can be planted in the substrate, attached to hardscape.
- Propagation: clippings, lateral shoots.
- Growth Rate: Slow to Medium.
- True Aquatic: Yes.
- pH: Any.
- Supplements: Nutrient-rich substrate and macro/micro ferts.
- Lighting: Low to Moderate Recommended.
- Tank Size: Any.