If you are intending to take care of Discus fishes in your tank, then you have to consider a good heater for your tank.
Why a good heater is required for any Discus tank:
A good aquarium heater ensures high security of electrical shocks for you or the fishes, as well as ensures the security of having stable water temperature which accordingly leads to healthy Discus fishes.
There are also other benefits of having a good heater which is the ability to install the heater horizontally inside the tank near the base of the tank, in this case, the heat will flow equally in the whole tank.
Check the Aqueon Pro Adjustable Heater specs in the descriptions below.
Aqueon Pro Adjustable Heater Specifications
- Precise temperature setting to (1º F) and a range from (68-88º F).
- Suitable for aquariums up to 75 Gallons.
- Fully submersible, quartz glass shatter-resistant construction.
- UL Approved, Automatic safety shut off and overheat protection to secure and maintain a steady temperature in the Discus aquarium.
- A power indicator light turns on when aquarium water is being heated, and off when stops heating.
I highly advise using this heater, you may check its offer price on Amazon.